Tuesday, February 16, 2010
From Good, to Bad, to Ugly, to OK...
I can not tell a lie. I do not like the eliptical. Music, T.V. it doesn't matter, I don't like it. Besides, it doesn't really "work". I rarely break a good soaking sweat. Don't think I burn that many calories. My waist is not shrinking (because that's what I'm desperate for these days). What's a girl to do? Vent. So last night I told Paul my issues with the "dumb" eliptical. "Increase your heart rate", he said. Typical, simple to the point. I did not want to hear that. Was I looking for an excuse? "It's just not working, I'll just give up, buy bigger jeans." I let it all sink in, after all this is suppose to be the year of "no excuses". So, this morning I grabbed my music and decided to give it a try. Don't get me wrong. I was not psyched, pumped, amped.. whatever. I was DREADING it. I did it. Now I'm done. He was right, it worked (duh!?). I have no more excuses. I still didn't like it, but will enjoy the 24 hours before I need to do it again a whole lot more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment